Wednesday 4 June 2014

Hi,
my name is Warren and this is my first post on my new Blog. The purpose of this blog is to hopefully keep people informed about the Miniature architecture, dollhouses and furniture that I have and will hopefully be creating,




I sort of work in the Australian film and TV industry as a prop and model maker, however as I find I get older, I am going back towards my main interests in Architectural dollhouse miniatures, I have been developing processes and designs for a 1/12 Arts and Craft Bungalow for the last couple of years which is starting to come together. The photo below was taken at the recent Sydney Dollhouse and Miniatures Fair, where I and a couple of friends displayed for the first time. These are 2 of 18 rooms in the house. I will go further into this house in a latter posting.


We had a lot of interest in what we are doing, and that has further inspired me to create more accessible dollhouses for people to buy as kits to assemble and decorate themselves. At the show I was asked about what sort of things I would be doing and one piece that I had on display was a Fairy Tale Villa that people really seemed to enjoy. This was laser cut from 1.6mm board to 1/48th scale.



This design is based on a set of plans from Paul Campbell at makeCNC.com although it as been modified to suit my specs. I had on hand a catalog of Paul's designs and the house that had the most interest was a San Francisco painted lady. Since the show I have been working on the first of a range of new 1/48 designs to create a street scape of Victorian Painted Lady's. MORE TO FOLLOW

5 comments: