Saturday 16 May 2015

New 1/48th kits being worked on !!!!!!!!

My final post today is to let you know that I have spent this week amongst other things, working on the design drawings for the "Blue Waters" Art Deco house and a Spanish Mission revival 2 story house (also in 24th as a 1 off), both of these will be pretty spectacular houses to build and decorate, but they are a lot of work to get the design and construction method right to make a successful kit. It's not that easy taking a real house and making it work as a miniature without loosing the characteristic of the original, but people seem to like what I'm doing with my kits and it's what I want to do so I'll just have to keep at it.

I have also been playing with a Miami Beach Art Deco Hotel frontage for a 3 story hotel that would be a single room deep so on the ground floor is the lobby and on each floor will be a room on either side with a hall between, this would allow rooms to be done in different styles with the halls and lobby providing continuity within the building.



However I am having to balance my time between these and the train carriages previously talked about so they will be coming as soon as I'm able to get them ready. 2 other projects that have been added to the list for later construction are a New Zealand Bach (North Island) or Crib (South Island) which is a small holiday house built around all the coastlines of NZ, probably an early post war fibro version and also a more modern Eco version and finally a medium 1970s style caravan also in 1/48th.

All these projects will come with time as I can fit them into the space I have available inside my brain.


 I would also like to thank Melody for her kind wish's, the seagulls arrived this morning, they obviously had a tail wind and didn't care about the time difference.



yours in miniatures

No comments:

Post a Comment